banned books week is fast approaching, which banned books will you read? . . .
I LOVE BANNED BOOKS WEEK, IT GIVES US THE EXCUSE TO READ SOME AWESOME BOOKS. CLICK THE BANNER BELOW TO READ MORE ABOUT BANNED BOOKS AND HOW YOU CAN JOIN IN.
more bookish goodness awaits within . . .
read the latest book reviews . . .
we also love to write . . .
some of our recent favourites . . .
- City of Mirrors – Justin Cronin Filed under: Book Reviews - In "The Passage "and" The Twelve, "Justin Cronin brilliantly imagined the fall of civilization and humanity s desperate fight to survive. Now all is quiet on the horizon but does silence promise the nightmare's end or the second coming of unspeakable darkness? At last, this bestselling epic races to its breathtaking finale. "The world we knew is gone. What world will rise in its place?" The Twelve have been destroyed and the hundred-year reign of darkness that descended upon the world has ended. The survivors are stepping outside their walls, determined to build society anew and daring to dream of Continue Reading
City of Mirrors by Justin Cronin - The Passage Trilogy #3
- Fire Touched – Patricia Briggs Filed under: Book Reviews - Tensions between the fae and humans are coming to a head. And when coyote shapeshifter Mercy and her Alpha werewolf mate, Adam, are called upon to stop a rampaging troll, they find themselves with something that could be used to make the fae back down and forestall out-and-out war: a human child stolen long ago by the fae. Defying the most powerful werewolf in the country, the humans, and the fae, Mercy, Adam, and their pack choose to protect the boy no matter what the cost. But who will protect them from a boy who is fire touched?
Fire Touched by Patricia Briggs - Mercy Thompson Series #9
- Even Dogs in the Wild – Ian Rankin Filed under: Book Reviews - Detective Inspector Siobhan Clarke is investigating the death of a senior lawyer during a robbery. But the case becomes more complex when a note is discovered, indicating that this may have been no random attack, and when local gangster Big Ger Cafferty receives an identical message, Clarke decides that the recently retired John Rebus may be able to help. He's the only man Cafferty will open up to, and together the two old adversaries might just stand a chance of saving Cafferty's skin.
Even Dogs in the Wild by Ian Rankin - Inspector Rebus #20
- The Dirt on Ninth Grave – Darynda Jones Filed under: Book Reviews - I see dead people. No wait. I take that back. I see people I want dead. Charley Davidson is living in New York City as Jane Doe, a girl with no memory of who she is or where she came from. So when she begins to realize she can see dead people, she’s more than a bit taken aback. Strangers who enter the diner where she works seem to know things about her…Then she is confronted by a man who claims to have been sent to kill her. <em>Sent by the darkest force in the universe. An enemy that will Continue Reading
The Dirt on Ninth Grave by Darynda Jones
- The Masked City – Genevieve Cognan Filed under: Book Reviews - Librarian-spy Irene is working undercover in an alternative London when her assistant Kai goes missing. She discovers he's been kidnapped by the fae faction and the repercussions could be fatal. Not just for Kai, but for whole worlds. Kai's dragon heritage means he has powerful allies, but also powerful enemies in the form of the fae. With this act of aggression, the fae are determined to trigger a war between their people - and the forces of order and chaos themselves. Irene's mission to save Kai and avert Armageddon will take her to a dark, alternate Venice where it's always Continue Reading
The Masked City by Genevieve Cognan
- Vacant – Alex Hughes Filed under: Book Reviews - Nothing ruins a romantic evening like a brawl with lowlifes—especially when one of them later turns up dead and my date, Detective Isabella Cherabino, is the #1 suspect. My history with the Atlanta PD on both sides of the law makes me an unreliable witness, so while Cherabino is suspended, I’m paying my bills by taking an FBI gig. I’ve been hired to play telepathic bodyguard for Tommy, the ten-year-old son of a superior court judge in Savannah presiding over the murder trial of a mob-connected mogul. After an attempt on the kid’s life, the Feds believe he’s been targeted Continue Reading